We are very mindful of the significance of being environmentally friendly in your own home, but most people don’t have the time or money to include solar power panels to roofs or the capability to sell the household car and ride bikes! But, there ARE simple strategies to going green in your house which could even help you save money too!
1. Set your thermostat 2-3 degrees less than normal in winter and 2-3 degrees higher during the warm months. Not only will you be going green in the home, but you will probably be surprised about the influence on your heating and cooling bills.
2. Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. 85% of the energy coming from an automatic washer emanates from heating water. There are many detergents now available for cold water washing.
3. Set your water heater to 120 degrees. It is safer for your children and saves energy at the same time.
4. Purchase a water purification for the sink rather than buying bottled water. It will be cheaper in the end and you will have less waste to the landfill. Also, buy a stainless-steel water bottle for your gym and fill-up before going!
5. Use homemade, non-toxic cleaning products just as one easy way of becoming environmentally friendly in your own home. Try pouring vinegar and baking soda in a drain to unclog, use half vinegar and half water is a glass cleaner, and try rubbing a cut lemon in baking soda and use … Read More